Visit the toilets with the best view in the world!
Throughout the summer, Summit Foundation is installing a travelling dry toilet in 4 iconic destinations. This toilet is equipped with windows that allow users to enjoy the breathtaking views of our mountains. Don’t worry, a curtain allows you to enjoy the place in complete privacy!
What is the aim of “Toilets with a View”? To make hikers and mountain bikers aware of the issues raised by human excrements in nature: water pollution, infectious risks for fauna or disturbance of other users.
The little extra: the collected excrement is transformed into biogas, a renewable and CO2 neutral fuel!
Would you like to discover this exceptional little place?
The dry toilet will be installed according to the following schedule:
And when nature calls and there is a view, but no toilet?
Follow two simple rules:
- Move at least 70m away from the nearest watercourse
- Leave no trace:
- Bury the excrement, if there is no soil, cover it with stones
- Take the paper away or bury it as well (avoid burning it to avoid the risk of fire).
- Use toilet paper instead of tissues and anvoid wet wipes which decompose very slowly.
- To clean your hands, use hydro-alcoholic gel instead of water fountains or cattle troughs.
A project by
With the support of